William and Harry went for 'long walk to try to clear the air' after Megxit summit but 'didn't part as friends'

PRINCE William and Harry went for a long walk to try to clear the air after Megxit but "didn't part as friends", according to reports.

The Queen summoned Prince Harry, Prince William, and Prince Charles to Sandringham in January last year for crunch talks about Meghan and Harry's future in the Royal Family.

? Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...

After thrashing out a deal, the brothers attempted to reconcile their differences with the long stroll.

But The Sunday Times claims William and Harry "did not part shores as friends".

And sources have now revealed the true impact of the fallout.

Of Wills, one source told the newspaper: “Once he got over the anger of how things happened, he was left with the absence of his brother.

“They shared everything about their lives, an office, a foundation, meetings together most days and there was a lot of fun along the way. He’ll miss it for ever.”

A close friend added that William “definitely feels the pressure now it’s all on him — his future looks different because of his brother’s choices, it’s not easy”.

And another friend said: “It’s still raw. He’s very upset by what’s happened, though absolutely intent that he and Harry’s relationship will heal in time.”  


Insiders claimed Wills felt the couple had betrayed Her Majesty over the setting up of their Sussex Royal website as they took steps towards Megxit.

William, 38, was reported to be “upset the most” over Harry and Meghan’s surprise launch of the site featuring a blueprint of their future as part-time royals striking commercial deals.

The Queen later decreed that the Sussexes could no longer use “royal” in their ventures.

And a statement on the couple’s website hit back, saying: “While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy . . . over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ . . . or . . . ‘Royal’ . . . ”

According to The Sunday Times, a senior royal source said both “the content and that it is still online is staggering”.



The source added: “That was it for William, he felt they’d blindsided the Queen in such an insulting and disrespectful way.”

It was said to be still at the forefront of William’s mind at the Commonwealth Day service one year ago when there was a clear frostiness between the brothers and their wives.

That was it for William, he felt they’d blindsided the Queen in such an insulting and disrespectful way.

But it was reported that William misses Harry, 36, and the fun they used to have together — and that their parting is “still raw” and “he’s very upset” it happened.

It is claimed Wills was at the heart of the Royal Family’s crisis talks after the recent bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview with Harry and Meghan, 39.

Sources said he spoke with the Queen, 94, and dad Prince Charles, 72, about how to respond.




He was reportedly keen that the issue of race should be acknowledged in the Queen’s statement as an area of particular concern that “will be addressed”.

It was said wife Kate’s “groundedness’ was a “critical anchor” in the Duke of Cambridge stepping up to the senior royal role.

A source close to William said he was “reeling” in the immediate aftermath of the Oprah interview, adding: “His head is all over the place on it.”

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article