WE want kids to send in pics to brighten up a Sun wall at London’s new Nightingale hospital – like budding artist George Livings.
Entries will be judged by Turner Prize-winning artist Keith Tyson and illustrator Tony Ross.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Send us your artwork!
Email a scan or photograph of your child's drawing to [email protected] and we will deliver it to NHS Nightingale
Include with your entry your name and age and a contact number for a parent or guardian, and tell us where you are from.
Why not send a photo of you holding up your masterpiece as well?
We will print a selection in the paper and all those chosen for the hospital will receive art kits.
Entries close on April 8.
The best pics will be shown at the hospital and the winners get art sets.
In just a fortnight the ExCel conference centre in East London has undergone an extraordinary transformation into an amazing 4,000 bed temporary hospital to deal with coronavirus cases.
Alan McGlennan, NHS Nightingale Hospital London said: “The NHS Nightingale Hospital is an extraordinary achievement, already built with the support of many thousands of people from right across the country, and this artwork will be an excellent finishing touch.
“As our NHS staff gear up to deal with the coronavirus outbreak, the best way for the public to support them continues to be staying home.
Give now to The Sun's NHS appeal
BRITAIN’s four million NHS staff are on the frontline in the battle against coronavirus.
But while they are helping save lives, who is there to help them?
The Sun has launched an appeal to raise £1MILLION for NHS workers.
The Who Cares Wins Appeal aims to get vital support to staff in their hour of need.
We have teamed up with NHS Charities Together in their urgent Covid-19 Appeal to ensure the money gets to exactly who needs it.
The Sun is donating £50,000 and we would like YOU to help us raise a million pounds, to help THEM.
No matter how little you can spare, please donate today here
The fewer people catch and pass on the virus, the fewer will need to be cared for at NHS Nightingale, and the more lives will be saved.”
Ruth May, Chief Nursing Officer for England, said: “We would be really touched to receive artwork from school children.
"It will go a long way to lifting the spirits of the thousands of staff who will be working around the clock to look after those who need it.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter's websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
1. Open to children aged  and under as of the closing date of 8 April 2020 but entries must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
2. Residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), except children of employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
3. The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 2 April 2020 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 8 April 2020 (the Promotion Period). Any entries received outside the Promotion Period will be void.
4. To enter you must send a scan or photograph of an original drawing attached to an email headed ‘Who Cares Wins art competition’ containing your name, email address and telephone number to [email protected] during the Promotion Period only. Entries must be submitted by a parent or guardian only.
5. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Promotion online or by email.
6. By submitting an entry to the competition, entrants and their parents or guardians give the Promoter permission for their entry to be published and grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish your competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the competition.
Winners and Prizes
7. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges at The Sun from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Period. There will be no prizes for any other entrants.
8. Editorial judges will pick the most impressive entries from all valid entries as winners. Winners chosen by the panel of judges will receive an art set, and their entries will be displayed on the Sun Winners Wall at Nightingale Hospital. The number of winners is at the discretion of the panel of judges.
9. A selection of runners’ up entries chosen by the panel of judges will be published in The Sun.
10. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
11. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
12. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 30 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
13. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 5 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
14. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
15. For a list of winners please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to News UK, Promotions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating for which Promotion you would like winners’ details.
Data Protection and Publicity
17. By entering, participants agree to allow the free use of the child’s name, photograph and general location for publicity and news purposes if they are the winner of the Promotion, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited. This includes making their name available on the Promoter's websites and social media platforms. The winner and any guests will also be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Promotion including photographed for the newspaper and website and use of their drawing in the paper/website.
18. The Promoter's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
21. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of any third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion.
22. Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize.
23. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant's ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
24. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
25. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
27. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
28. The promoter of this Promotion is News Group Newspapers Ltd (publisher of The Sun and The Sun on Sunday) of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Source: Read Full Article