Man is blown off his feet when he pours lighter fluid onto grill

Flaming idiot! Man is blown off his feet when he pours lighter fuel on his barbecue and it explodes into a fireball

  • Jawan Brown, 27, from Batesville, Mississippi, was grilling meat in his garage
  • He decided to put lighter fluid on the barbecue and was blown off his feet 
  • Mr Brown suffered no injuries from the accident which was caught on camera

A man was blown off his feet after pouring lighter fluid on to a smouldering charcoal grill as he tried to cook some meat in his garage.  

Jawan Brown, 27, was doing some al-fresco cooking on his barbecue but decided to get out of the chilly wind and set up the grill in his garage.

But forklift operator Jawan was engulfed in flames and blown off his feet when the grill blew up after he attempted to boost the coals.

‘I was putting the lighter fluid on it and as you can see it flamed up,’ said Mr Brown, from Batesville, Mississippi.


Jawan Brown, 27, from Batesville, Mississippi, was doing some al-fresco cooking but decided to get out of the chilly wind and set up the grill in his garage

‘It blew me back and I fell to the ground.’

Thankfully he suffered no injuries from the accident and, after completing the cooking, managed to see the funny side of his mistake.

He said: ‘My feet were just in the air, but once I got up it looked like nothing happened. I got up trying to make sure nobody was looking, but I forgot the camera was there so when I went back and I looked at the camera I couldn’t do anything but laugh.

‘I look at that video five or six times a day now.’

But forklift operator Jawan was engulfed in flames and blown off his feet when the grill blew up after he attempted to boost the coals

‘I was putting the lighter fluid on it and as you can see it flamed up,’ said Mr Brown

Mr Brown finished grilling the meal and enjoyed chicken, pork steak, pork chops, corn on the cob and hamburgers.

He has now learned his lesson and advises others not to make the same mistake while trying to cook up a meaty feast.

Mr Brown added: ‘The wind was kind of chilly so I decided to do it in the garage * but I learned my lesson, not again. The barbecue was great after all that happened.’

He warned grilling beginners that lighter fluid should never be added to burning coals due to explosive flare-ups that occur when the flammable liquid is combined heat.

Source: Read Full Article