Jussie Smollett ‘attacker’ KNOCKS OUT opponent in boxing bout in first round – The Sun

JUSSIE Smollett's alleged attacker Abimbola "Abel" Osundairo knocked out his opponent in the first round of a boxing bout.

Osundairo – the Empire actor's supposed assailant in an allegedly staged hate crime – dominated as a featured fighter during a tournament in Illinois.



He fought in the 11th Annual Fights Amateur Boxing Tournament, knocking out his challenger in just 18 seconds in the Thursday night fight.

A savage jab and a strong left hook ensured there was no contest for Osundairo on the night, before he trapped his competition with less than a minute and a half left.

Osundairo had him cornered on the ropes before he knocked him out with a vicious right hook, concluding the fight with knockout in Elk Grove Village.

The talented boxer posed with his brother Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo, onetime heavyweight champion Larry "The Easton Assassin" Holmes and former lightweight champ Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini after the impressive showdown.

Prosecutors say Smollett paid the Osundairo brothers $3,500 to stage what appeared to be a racist and homophobic attack that rattled the Chicago Police Department and prompted a huge investigation.

The 37-year-old, who is black and gay, was charged with six new counts of disorderly conduct stemming from allegations he lied to local cops about the alleged attack.


Smollett initially faced 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly making false reports to cops but the charges were dropped in March by State’s Attorney Kim Foxx.

He claimed two men attacked him and yelled racial and homophobic slurs back in January 2019 in what has since been likened to an elaborate hoax, cops say.

The Nigerian brothers reportedly urged their pal to come clean about the allegations which landed him his second indictment last week.

Ola wants Smollett, 37, to “build up the courage to finally tell the truth" after the Mighty Ducks actor claimed his attackers poured bleach on him, looped a rope around his neck, and shouted “MAGA county” in support of President Donald Trump during the ordeal.

But Smollett insisted he would "fight or die"to be cleared after pleading not guilty to charges of "lying to police."

The actor returned to a Chicago courtroom on Monday to plead not guilty to charges that he lied to police over a "hoax" racist and homophobic attack he was accused of making up.

Smollett and his lawyer Tina Glandian were seen then arriving into Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon where he told reporters "the truth is the best defense. The truth which they know nothing about."

Probed on the charges of lying, he said: "It is definitely frustrating but you just gotta, it's fight or die at this point, right. I don't claim to be innocent, I am innocent."

As he showed up at the courthouse on Monday, the Osundairos  showed up with their attorney.

Smollett's attorneys then filed a motion to dismiss the charges on Monday, before pleading not guilty across the board.

He has always maintained his innocence, saying in a statement last year: "This has been an incredibly difficult time – honestly one of the worst of my entire life."




Source: Read Full Article