Meghan Markle has ‘no regrets’ about explosive Oprah interview, says friends

Meghan Markle has “no regrets” about her explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey on Monday, her friends have reportedly said.

Insiders have revealed that Meghan feels proud that she and Prince Harry were finally able to “speak their truth”, for the first time since they stepped down from royal duties.

Friends of the couple said that they believed the royal family should feel “relieved” that the Duchess of Sussex did not name names in the bombshell interview.

On Monday night UK viewers saw Meghan reveal that a senior member of the royals made a comment about how dark Archie’s skin would be.

Harry refused to name the person that made the remarks with Meghan saying revealing the identity of the person would be “very damaging to them”.

The interview was watched by a whopping 12million viewers making it the biggest TV show of the year.

Among the shocking revelations was the moment Meghan revealed she had suicidal thoughts and had been denied any mental health support by a senior member of staff.

  • Why Prince George, Charlotte and Louis have Royal titles but Archie wasn't given one

A friend of Meghan’s claimed that she felt the interview was one of the “best decisions she’s made”.

Speaking to the Daily Mail the insider said: “Meghan said she has absolutely no regrets about what was said during the interview and that speaking with Oprah was both cathartic and transformative – the best decision she ever made, other than marrying Harry.”

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

“Meghan said the Royal institution should be relieved that she didn't name names or go into even more details of what went on behind closed doors.

“Meghan said waiting to share her story with the entire world seemed like an eternity and that she couldn’t be happier with the end result.

“She said she's moved on, but is open to communicating with anyone from the Royal Family who wants to engage in a constructive conversation.”

They added that Harry had found doing the interview challenging, but that Meghan is "incredibly proud" of her husband.

In a rare public statement Buckingham Palace said: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning.

“While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”

Source: Read Full Article