SEASON 46 of Saturday Night Live is soon drawing to a close.
The months-long season, which at one point took a Covid hiatus, has seen both a stellar and controversial line-up of hosts.
How much do SNL hosts get paid?
Host payment for Saturday Night Live, according to the hosts themselves, vary.
Justin Timberlake once told Entertainment Tonight that he made $5,000 as a host.
“This was my third time to host and obviously I’ve done some appearances here and there when I’m in town … I really do adore the cast and the writers and everyone there,” the singer said.
“And it’s … you know … it’s a great opportunity for an entertainer like myself to.. it’s the best minimum… It’s the best five grand you can make on television. It’s awesome.”
Alec Baldwin revealed that he makes around $1,400 for his Donald Trump parodies to the New York Times.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, during their first year, cast members make $7,000 per episode.
Who has hosted the show so far in 2021?
Saturday Night Live is on it's 46th season, which aired on October 3, 2020.
The previous season cut short amid the Covid-19 pandemic – with three episodes aired remotely – which were referred to as Saturday Night Live at Home.
The following is a list of guests who have hosted SNL so far in 2021:
- Actor John Krasinski was the host of SNL on January 30, 2021, while rapper Machine Gun Kelly as the musical guest performing My Ex's Best Friend and Lonely.
- Canadian actor Dan Levy was the host of the show on February 6, 2021, with Phoebe Bridgers as the musical guest performing Kyoto and I Know the End.
- Actress and director Regina King hosted SNL on February 13, 2012, with Nathaniel Rateliff as the musical guest performing Redemption and A Little Honey.
- British actor Regé-Jean Page was the host of SNL on February 20, 2021, with Bad Bunny as the musical guest performing La Noche De Anoche with Rosalía and Te Deseo Lo Mejor.
- Singer Nick Jonas both hosted and was the musical performance of SNL on February 27, 2021, performing his singles Spaceman and This is Heaven.
- Comedian Maya Rudolph hosted SNL on March 27, 2021, with musical guest Jack Harlow performing Tyler Herro and What's Poppin for his first set – and Same Guy with Adam Levine for his second set.
- British actor Daniel Kaluuyatook the SNL stage on April 3, 2021, with musical guest St. Vincent.
- Actress Carey Mulligan hosted on April 10, 2021, with musical guest Kid Cudi.
- Tesla magnate Elon Musk headed up May 8's episode with Miley Cyrus performing.
- Keegan Michael-Key took over May 15's episode with musical guest Olivia Rodrigo.
- The final episode of SNL season 46 will be hosted by Anya Taylor-Joy with Lil Nas X performing.
Who has hosted SNL the most amount of times?
Actor Alec Baldwin holds the record for most times hosting, having performed the duty on 17 occasions since 1990.
Baldwin overtook the record from Steve Martin who has hosted a total of 15 times.
As far as cast members hosting, original cast member Chevy Chase has hosted the most times, eight in total.
Tina Fey follows behind, having hosted six times, while Bill Murray and Will Ferrell have hosted five times.
Who is banned from SNL?
There is a list of performers who have been banned for life from hosting SNL for various reasons.
Cypress Hill, for example, allegedly smoked a questionable substance on stage, while Rage Against the Machine hung upside down American flags on their equipment when they performed the same night as billionaire Steve Forbes.
The list of banned celebrities includes:
- Adrien Brody, 2003
- Rage Against the Machine, 1996
- Martin Lawrence, 1994
- Cypress Hill, 1993
- Sinead O'Connor, 1992
- Steven Seagal, 1991
- The Replacements, 1986
- Andy Kauffman, 1983
- Robert Blake, 1982
- Fear, 1981
- Milton Berle, 1979
- Frank Zappa, 1978
- Charles Grodin, 1977
- Elvis Costello, 1977
- Louise Lasser, 1976
Source: Read Full Article