Sign up for the Daily Star TV newsletter for the biggest TV news
We have more newsletters
Boy George has reportedly been refused permission to fly back to the UK after his time in I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! came to an end on Tuesday night.
During Tuesday’s visit to the ITV jungle, the Culture Club star became the fourth star to be eliminated from the competition after he found himself in the bottom two alongside radio DJ Chris Moyles.
It is understood that the homesick star is now “desperate” to go home which saw him demand a waiver in an attempt to avoid the live final.
READ MORE:Owen Warner 'tried to find mirrors' when he entered jungle, says axed I'm A Celeb star
But according to sources, the 61-year-old is contractually obliged to stay Down Under until the TV series ends later this week.
It's fair to say the singer’s disappointment hasn’t gone unnoticed after the singer reportedly refused to make an appearance on any of the channel’s morning shows the day of his eviction.
Sources close to the 1980s pop sensation have revealed to MailOnline that the star is annoyed he won’t be able to return home immediately because he “doesn’t want to hang around”.
They told the publication: “He wanted to go home immediately; he doesn’t want to hang around. If he had his way, he would be on a plane already but he wasn’t allowed to do that.”
The insider close to the Karma Chameleon singer explained his aim of going on the hugely popular ITV show was to allow the world to see “the stripped back version of him” without all the hair and makeup he is usually seen in.
“He didn’t actually care how far he went in the competition,” they went on. “The fact he has to star in Australia for days now is an annoyance to him, he isn’t fussed about sticking around for the final but that’s what he has to do.
“He’s travelled across the world his entire career and has seen Australia before so there’s really no reason for him to be here, especially as he isn’t concerned with catching up with his co-stars on the other side.”
Daily Star has since contacted ITV and Boy George’s representatives for a comment.
Throughout his time on the show, the chart-topper earned himself the reputation of the camp diva while he stayed in the bug-infested jungle.
He infuriated his fellow campmates by meditating noisily in the night and was even caught bad-mouthing his co-stars behind their backs – mainly focusing on Matt Hancock.
It is understood that unlike his fellow evicted co-stars – including Charlene White, Scarlette Douglas and Sue Cleaver, the music icon does not feel obliged to continue supporting his campmates on the show.
For more of the latest showbiz and TV news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
According to MailOnline, the singer previously admitted to his close pals that he didn’t care when he was evicted and wasn’t signing up to the reality show in an effort to make more friends in the showbiz industry.
George will now be staying in the JW Marriott Gold Coast hotel alongside his fellow evicted campmates and their family and friends, as well as his sister and nephew who greeted him at the bridge in Australia.
- I'm A Celeb hit with 605 Ofcom complaints as fans rush to defend 'bullied' Matt Hancock
- I'm A Celeb star says contestants were 'so weak' in ITV jungle they couldn't walk
- I'm A Celeb's Boy George 'expected to win' as he appears 'shaky' after exit
- Boy George
- I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
Source: Read Full Article