Mum who thought microwave was breaking discovers embarrassing five-year mistake

An Australian mum who thought her microwave was on its last legs has shared her ’embarrassing’ mistake.

Having bought the microwave five years ago, the woman thought the buttons on the machine were simply starting to wear away.

That was until she realised she’d never taken the protective plastic off.

‘For years, I thought the buttons were wearing. Turns out I never took the plastic off,’ she said in a post on Facebook.

‘On the plus side, brand-new looking microwave.’

Her post seems to have resonated with quite a few people, as it racked up over 1,500 reactions in just a few short hours.

Many commenters confessed to having made similar mistakes.

One wrote: ‘I recently sat in the back seat of our car and realised the DVD players still have their protective plastic on them.

‘I never sit in the back so never realised and the kids never mentioned it.

Another confessed: ‘I found mine after three years.

‘I was about to get cranky at the kids because it was gross after I had wiped it over and looked like the start button was melting.’ 

A shopkeeper pointed out that the issue is pretty common, writing that ‘so many’ customers try to return items like that because they think the plastic is ruined.

One even said the post showed her she was having the exact same problem, writing: ‘Just realised I have the exact same microwave and was experiencing the same issues with the buttons.

‘I just went and checked and yes I hadn’t taken the plastic off either.’

Do you have a story to share?

Get in touch by emailing [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article