Meghan Markle and Harry to ‘take Archie to Balmoral on Queen’s invitation’

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and their son will join the Queen at her Balmoral estate this summer, it has been reported.

The royals have accepted an invitation to join Her Majesty at the Scottish retreat, The Sunday Times reported .

It will be the first time Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, who turns one in May, will visit Balmoral as his parents turned down an invitation last year.

During the trip they will also drop in on Prince Charles and Camilla at Birkhall, the Prince of Wales's retreat on the the Scottish estate.

Archie's absence from the country is said to have caused his great-grandmother some sadness in recent months.


  • Coronavirus: Supermarket bosses plead with shoppers to stop panic buying

  • Coronavirus: Government's new plans in full from shutting pubs to calling in army

The ten-month-old hasn't been to the UK this year and was not brought to Harry and Meghan's final royal engagements last week.

The Queen and Prince Philip, 98, met their great-grandson at Windsor Castle when he was two days old, but missed his christening two months later because they were attending an annual private weekend they host at Sandringham.

It is not yet known whether Harry, Meghan and Archie's trip to Balmoral will coincide with that of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children.


  • Why Prince William and Harry have really fallen out – and it happened before Meghan

Archie is said to have met his cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis at a polo match in July, but contact since then has been minimal, it was reported.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were keen that their decision not to head to Balmoral last year should not be seen as a 'snub', a source told the Mail on Sunday at the time.

They suggested that the family were 'too busy' and that Archie was 'too young' to make the trip.

Earlier in the summer Harry and Meghan took Archie on holiday to Ibiza and to Sir Elton John's villa in the south of France.

Baby Mountbatten-Windsor has cut an aloof figure during his first ten months on earth.

The last official sighting of him was a photo – showing Harry holding his son – that was posted on the couple's  Instagram  account.

Mirror Online contacted Kensington Palace but they declined to comment.

Source: Read Full Article