EDDIE HEARN insists he has three offers to host the Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury undisputed Battle of Britain.
Before the COVID-19 lockdown struck, Watford’s WBA, IBF and WBO champ was mandated to face Bulgarian veteran Kubrat Pulev on June 20, while Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 was planned for July.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus in sport live blog for the latest news & updates
But the bank-busting break in the sport has got the biggest fighters and promoters eager to leapfrog straight into the most in-demand fights, once business resumes.
If AJ and the Gypsy King can both pay off their planned opponents then they can decide the first supreme ruler since Lennox Lewis and it’s a three horse race to host the clash, with Hearn’s partners in Saudi Arabia leading the pack.
The Matchroom kingpin said: “It is not only about Saudi Arabia, we have had two other offers from other territories as well.
“We do not know which territories will be allowed to implement a live audience before other countries.
“Right now there are zero cases in New Zealand and very few in Australia, so there will be certain countries that restart sooner than others.
“We would love to do AJ vs Fury in the UK in December but that does not look like a possibility.
“We are talking and moving in the right direction to create the biggest fight in boxing history. Fans will get the fight, it’s just a case of where and when.”
Money will have to talk very loudly for 38-year-old Pulev to sell his last chance at a world title and Wilder has already insisted he will not break the deal for a third Fury fight.
Fury is a stablemate of Pulev’s at US promoters Top Rank and Hearn has previously said it would be down to Team Fury to arrange for the Wilder rematch and the Pulev vs AJ bout to be quashed.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don't miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
To receive The Sun's Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply 'Like' our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain's best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.
But despite the clamour to get Fury vs Joshua made, Hearn said: “Negotiations are definitely not underway because we have a contract to fight Kubrat Pulev next and Tyson Fury has a contract to fight Deontay Wilder next.
“Because of everything that is happening, I believe there is keenness from Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury to potentially go straight into that fight but there are the major hurdles of us both being under contract for other fights.
“There are no negotiations taking place and none can take place until Deontay Wilder decides to step aside and Kubrat Pulev decides to step aside.
“Could a deal be struck for Wilder and Pulev to step aside? Absolutely. Would we entertain it? Absolutely.
“But right now the focus is on the contracts we have signed, with a move for the winners to fight each other in spring of 2021.”
Source: Read Full Article