SPRING may still feel like a lifetime away but that hasn't stopped Costa Coffee launching its new menu – and it includes a chocolate Rolo muffin.
One for those with a sweet tooth, the baked treat is filled with caramel sauce and topped with a sticky caramel icing and mini Rolos.
Priced at £2.25, the Rolo muffin follows the success of Costa's Lotus Biscoff muffin and Terry's Chocolate Orange muffin which launched last year.
Also new to Costa today is a salted caramel brownie, which is made up of dark chocolate, milk chocolate chunks and a layer of salted caramel in the middle.
Customers can pick up a slice for £2.70.
In terms of food, the coffee chain is launching an all-day breakfast sandwich, made up of sausage, egg and bacon.
What's new at Costa?
COSTA launches its spring menu today, March 5 – here's all the new and returning items that you'll find in stores today.
- Chocolate & Caramel Muffin made with Rolo – from £2.25 (New)
- Salted Caramel Brownie – from £2.25 (New)
- Belgian Bun – from £1.95 (New)
- Iced Fruit Slice – from £1.80 (New)
- Raspberry and Coconut Bar – from £1.80 (New)
- PROPER Corn Sweet and Salty Popcorn – from £1.00 (New)
- PROPER Chips Sour Cream & Chive – from £1.00 (New)
- PROPER Chips Barbeque – from £1.00 (New)
- Burts Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar – from £1.00 (New)
- Burts Mature Cheddar & Spring Onion – from £1.00 (New)
- Burts Sea Salt – from £1.00 (New)
- Burts Thai Sweet Chilli – from £1.00 (New)
- Apple & Grapes – from £1.60 (New)
- Melon Medley – from £2.00 (New)
- All Day Sausage, Bacon & Egg Bloomer – from £3.95 (New)
- Free Range Egg & Spinach Pot – from £1.60 (New)
- British Pulled Chicken & Bacon Panini – from £3.95 (New)
- Three Cheese & Chutney Toastie – from £3.95 (New)
- Cumberland Sausage & Caramelised Onion Toastie – from £3.95 (New)
- New York Deli Pastrami & Emmental Toastie – from £3.95 (New)
- Flat Black – from £2.35 (Returning)
- Salted Caramel Muffin – from £1.95 (Returning)
- White Chocolate & Honeycomb Trillionaires – from £1.95 (Returning)
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffin – from £2.25 (Returning)
The coffee chain has also revealed its ruby cocoa hot chocolate will be staying on the menu for a bit longer.
If you've yet to try it, the berry-flavoured drink gets its pink colour from the ruby cocoa bean and is priced at £3.35.
It was originally only meant to be on the menu until today but Costa has extended its stay, although it hasn't said until when.
The Terry's Chocolate Orange muffin is also coming back after a successful launch in Christmas 2019.
Costa Coffee says its spring menu will be around for a limited time but couldn't give The Sun an exact date for when it'll end.
We've asked the hot drink giant how many calories each of its new products contain and we'll update this article when we get a response.
We do know the ruby cocoa hot chocolate has 360 calories and a whopping 22g of sugar.
The average UK adult is recommended to consume no more than 30g of sugar a day, while men shouldn't have more than 2,500 calories.
For women, it's 2,000 calories.
The price you’ll pay for your Costa varies from store to store, so do keep that in mind when ordering.
Costa has almost 2,500 branches in the UK and you can find your nearest one by clicking here.
Costa Coffee recently ran a competition where you could win a ruby worth £5,000.
The coffee chain released an Irish coffee-inspired range back in December – did you get a chance to try it?
Costa Coffee gave out free hot drinks last November via their self-service touch-screen machines – but it caused carnage when they broke down.
Source: Read Full Article