BILLY JOE SAUNDERS returns to the ring TONIGHT as he takes on Martin Murray in an all-British affair.
Saunders – who last fought in November 2019 – will be putting his WBO super-middleweight title on the line against a man who has had four world title attempts in the past.
When is Saunders vs Murray?
- Billy Joe Saunders vs Martin Murray is set for TONIGHT, December 4.
- Expect the main event at around 10.30pm GMT.
- The undercard gets underway at Wembley Arena from 7pm.
What live stream and TV channel is Saunders vs Murray on?
- Sky Sports Arena will be broadcasting the card.
- Coverage will start on the channel at 7pm.
- Those without a Sky Sports subscription can pick up a Now TV pass from £9.99.
Who is fighting on the undercard?
Northern Ireland's James Tennyson takes on Canadian Josh O’Reilly in an Eliminator for the WBA Lightweight World Title.
- Billy Joe Saunders vs Martin Murray (WBO super-middleweight title)
- James Tennyson vs Josh O'Reilly (lightweight)
- Zach Parker vs Cesar Nunez (vacant WBO international super-middleweight title)
- Donte Dixon vs Angelo Dragone (super-featherweight)
- Shannon Courtenay vs Dorota Norek (super-bantamweight)
- Lerrone Richards vs TBA (super-middleweight)
- Lewis Edmondson vs John Telford (light-heavyweight)
What have they said?
Saunders: “I promised Martin Murray his shot from the first time, but I was injured. People can say I pulled out because of this and that, but genuinely I was.
"The discussion with myself and Eddie [Hearn], the Canelo talk was back on — I just think that the Canelo camp didn’t want me for the style, end of. Then it was obviously the Smith fight we talked about, obviously he’s fighting Canelo now. I said to Eddie, ‘Look, can you get Andrade?’ Andrade wanted to run out. All the big names — Danny Jacobs was booked in or penciled in — all of the big names were really tied up.
“So I looked down the list. Martin Murray has challenged for a world title four times, this is his fifth. There’s history there.
Murray: "I've been in with more fearsome punchers, but Billy Joe can obviously punch. It's the shots you don't see that really hurt you.
"Billy Joe is that fast and that slick that there could be a few of them. I'm not going into the fight thinking I'm invincible or will be able to walk through his power."
Source: Read Full Article