Victoria Beckham has hit out at TV presenter Chris Evans for his part in forcing her to weigh herself live on TV shortly after she had given birth.
The shocking incident happened back in 1999, while Victoria was appearing on the Channel 4 show TFI Friday, just two months after having birth to her first child, Brooklyn, with husband David Beckham.
It was during this appearance that Chris asked her how she had gotten back in shape following the birth. He told her: “A lot of girls want to know, because you look fantastic again, how did you get back to your shape after birth?”
Dismissing the question as politely as possible, Victoria awkwardly explained she had actually been pretty lazy and hadn’t hit the gym or anything, but the host continued to pester the star, even going so far as to ask the former Spice Girl: “Is your weight back to normal?”.
Victoria then said "yes" and tried to move the interview along, but Chris remained unwilling to let the subject drop, before prompting her to stand on a pair of weighing scales and remarking live on microphone: “Eight stone's not bad at all, is it?”
Now, over 20 years after the infamous incident, fashion designer Victoria has addressed the situation publicly.
The star said: “I went on a TV show with Chris Evans many years ago and I'd just had Brooklyn and lost a lot of weight after.”
“It happened to my mum after her pregnancies. It doesn't mean you have an eating disorder. And he made me stand on the scales to be weighed. Can you imagine doing that nowadays?” She continued.
The comments came as Victoria opened up to Vogue Australia about the media’s obsession with her body, as part of the fashion magazine’s forthcoming issue.
“I've had 'Porky Posh', I've had 'Skeletal Posh'. After I had Brooklyn, there was a picture pointing to every single part of my body where I had to focus on losing the weight from,” shared the former Posh Spice.
Chris Evans has never publicly addressed the controversy, but his behaviour at the time of the incident has been subject to scrutiny before.
Back in 2016 the presenter was questioned by police after a woman alleged that he had exposed himself to her while appearing on Channel 4's The Big Breakfast.
He denied indecent assault and refuted all claims, instead arguing that he was the victim of a witch hunt instead.
The 56 year old broadcaster recently told listeners earlier this year that he hoped to revive TFI Friday by the end of the year.
- Victoria Beckham regrets racy World Cup outfits and WAG antics as David admits 'it went too far'
- Harper Beckham, 10, wears £1.6k designer gown during Venice trip with dad David
- David Beckham shares 'special memories' from adorable Venice trip with Harper
- Brooklyn Beckham ‘looking for UK love nest to start a family with wife Nicola’
For the latest TV and Showbiz gossip, make sure to sign up to OK!'s daily celebrity newsletter
Source: Read Full Article