Queen, 95, postpones two more engagements after testing positive for Covid

The Queen, 95, has postponed two virtual engagements after testing positive for Covid-19.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has been experiencing "mild cold-like symptoms" since coming down with the bug earlier this month.

A statement from Buckingham Palace explained that the monarch has not other engagements planned for this week, which means she can rest.

The statement read: "The two virtual audiences that had previously been scheduled to take place today will now be rescheduled for a later date."

It continued: "Her Majesty is continuing with light duties. No other engagements are scheduled for this week."

This is the second time she's had to canceled scheduled meetings due to her diagnosis as she also postponed several engagements on Tuesday 22 February.

Despite this, she's still managed to undertake some "light duties" as she held her weekly audience with Boris Johnson yesterday.

Buckingham Palace revealed that the Queen had spoken with the prime minister over the phone on Wednesday evening.

The Queen is being monitored by her physician Professor Sir Huw Thomas who is head of the Medical Household.

"She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines", a statement from the Palace said as they announced she had tested positive for coronavirus.

Her majesty has received the vaccine having had her first jab in January 2021 and her second jab in March, while sources say it is believed she had the booster jab last October.

She’s been in good spirits this year, but caused worry when she admitted to feeling frail while clutching her walking stick during a recent engagement.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

While speaking in the Oak Room at Windsor Castle, Her Majesty told incoming Defence Services Secretary Major General Eldon Millar and his predecessor Rear Admiral James Macleod: “As you can see, I can't move.”

It comes after Prince Charles tested positive earlier this month and Queen Elizabeth's health has been closely "monitored" since.

Charles was forced to cancel engagements as a result of testing positive for coronavirus for a second time.

The Queen

  • The Queen spends a whopping '£30,000…
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make …
  • Prince William reveals Prince Philip…
  • Prince Charles visits father Prince …

Clarence House told the public on Twitter that Charles is "deeply disappointed" to have to cancel a full day schedule of engagements, but is hopeful to emerge from isolation as soon as possible.

"This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating," the tweet read.

"HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible."

For all your updates on the Queen and the Royal Family, sign up to our daily OK! Newsletter.

Source: Read Full Article