Princess Beatrice has put her wedding on hold amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the ceremony being axed until further notice.
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s daughter was set to tie the knot with her Italian fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on May 29, with a reception to be held at Buckingham Palace gardens.
The couple could now host a private marriage with a “small groups family and friends”, Buckingham Palace said.
Princess Beatrice's royal wedding details revealed as reception set to be 'held in Buckingham Palace garden' and not inside
The Queen 'pins her hopes on Kate Middleton and Prince William after more family divorce' – Exclusive
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said today: “Beatrice and Mr Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.
“In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements. They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people.
“Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place.
“The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends.”
The Queen's granddaughter had accepted the offer of the lavish venue amidst the furore surrounding her father Prince Andrew, and it was later reported that the event would not be televised like royal weddings before her.
A statement from the Royal family earlier this month revealed the details of the upcoming wedding confirming the date of Friday 29 May.
Princess Beatrice engaged to boyfriend Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi after 11 months of dating
Kerry Katona lays into Prince Andrew and says his interview is "car crash of the century"
"Her Majesty The Queen has kindly given permission for the ceremony to take place at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace. The ceremony will be followed by a private reception, given by The Queen, in the gardens of Buckingham Palace."
Also included in the statement was news that the couple had decided to ask guests to make donations to their two favourite charities in lieu of gifts.
They had asked guests to donate to the charity she founded called Big Change and Edoardo's Rwandan cricket foundation Cricket Builds Hope.
Source: Read Full Article