Prince Charles reportedly invited his son Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle to stay with him in his Scottish holiday house, but the couple refused.
Tensions between the Royal Family and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been rising over the last few years, but it appears it didn't stop the Charles, 73, from attempting to bring Harry back into the fold – despite reports that he'd "frozen" them out of the family.
A source told the Mirror that the Prince of Wales "hasn't wavered, despite the attacks" and invited the couple to stay in his Balmoral home during their UK visit.
The insider said: “The Prince of Wales reiterated his invitation for Harry and Meghan, and the whole family if they wished, to come and stay with him this summer while he is at his home on the Balmoral estate."
But Meghan, 41, and her 37 year old husband Harry are said to have refused the olive branch as the source added: “He thought it might be a good opportunity for everyone to take stock and relax, but the invitation was declined.”
OK! has approached Meghan and Harry's representative as well as Prince Charles' for further comment on the situation.
The royal couple arrived back in the UK over the weekend for the first time since the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations earlier this year. The pair will be attending the One Young World summit in Manchester, before then heading off to Germany for the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 One Year to Go event.
It's believed the pair will be staying in Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, which is close to Harry's brother Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton's new home of Adelaide Cottage.
But it appears the Sussexes have "no plans" to meet with the Cambridge family, despite them being just minutes down the road.
Meanwhile, The Mail On Sunday claimed it is "too embarrassing" for the couple to see the Queen after making claims against the Royal Family.
The paper's editor at large Charlotte Griffiths said: "I think they've got themselves into a position where it's going too difficult to visit her.”
Speaking to Palace Confidential, she continued: “It's too embarrassing for them. There will be a hostile reception. Everyone will be on their guarded duty.
"I think they've got themselves into a position where this could be their last chance, I hope it's not, to visit the Queen in Balmoral and they might have lost it because of their own publicity."
It comes after Meghan said has made "an active effort" to forgive the Royal Family amid the rift in their relationship.
In her first magazine interview since she and Harry quit the family and moved to California, Meghan spoke about their life in Montecito, their two children and her time as a working royal.
"I think forgiveness is really important. It takes a lot more energy to not forgive," she said. "But it takes a lot of effort to forgive. I’ve really made an active effort, especially knowing that I can say anything."
Queen, 96, pulls out of 'favourite event' amid new health fears
Meghan Markle backtracks over Harry 'losing' dad Prince Charles, as pal clarifies comment
Meghan Markle has ‘burned her bridges’ with Prince Charles with 'veiled threats', says royal expert
Princess Diana 'wouldn't have been a fan' of Meghan Markle, says former friend
For the latest updates on Harry and Meghan, sign up to OK!'s weekly royals newsletter
Source: Read Full Article