MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry are “taking a few months off” before launching their brand as they “need a break” post Megxit, claims a royal expert.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex did their final post on their Sussex Royal Instagram page last week after stepping down as senior working royals on Tuesday.
The couple are reported to have moved from Canada to LA with 10-month-old Archie, and were rumoured to be working on their new brand.
However, royal commentator Omid Scobie said on the Heir Pod podcast, that the pair have “surprised everyone” by taking time off after dropping their HRH titles.
A royal source told The Sunday Times that Prince Harry may be biding his time over staying in the US permanently, saying: “The duke has not made an application for dual citizenship and I don't think he will apply for a green card at any point.”
If Prince Harry was to have US citizenship, he would have to renounce his titles in the UK and would be exposed to US taxation on his earnings across the world.
It has not been confirmed if he entered the country last month on a 90-day visa waiver programme.
It is possible he could have entered using a diplomatic or a special visa, such as the O-1 visa for 'individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement' or one for entrepreneurs who are willing to invest in America.
Royal expert Omid spoke of how the couple will now “take a break” as they relax into life across the pond in Malibu.
He said: “It is interesting because we had such a build-up since January to the departure of Meghan and Harry stepping back as senior working royals.
“Suddenly on March 31 it sort of crept up on us really quickly, we had the couple announcing the beginning of their transition period over the next year on Instagram.
“At the same time, they were announcing that they are closing down their social media and their website and taking a break for the next few months. I think it has really taken everyone by surprise.
“Because there was so much talk about the couple preparing projects and ready to launch initiatives. When actually it was two people that were like, ‘We need a break too’.”
The duke and duchess said on Instagram last week that they hope to continue their charity work behind the scenes.
This follows royal commentator Camilla Tominey claiming on This Morning that all plans to “rebrand as celebrities” have been put “on ice”.
She said: “What's interesting is, this week they were meant to be launching their life as non-royals.
I think they regarded it as not only inappropriate to be rebranding at a time like this,but equally, they aren't going to get the column inches they wanted.
“Today marks the end of that transition period, where they were meant to officially step down, but of course due to the coronavirus outbreak they haven't been able to do that. They've effectively put these all on ice.
“I think they regarded it as not only inappropriate to be rebranding at a time like this, but equally, they aren't going to get the column inches they wanted.”
The couple now aim to become financially independent, with the former actress' first gig after quitting the royal family being revealed to be voicing a Disney documentary on elephants.
Meghan Markle has not seen her beloved mum Doria since moving back to Los Angeles due to coronavirus crisis.
Meghan and Harry are said to be househunting for a permanent home — and are currently social distancing in a secluded mansion in a private gated community.
Source: Read Full Article